Patient satisfaction is the most critical aspect of the healthcare industry. Its significance increased when consumers found a greater financial risk due to the rise of medical costs and insurance premiums. Therefore, patients have had to become personally involved in their healthcare decisions in order to ensure firsthand that they receive the most of their investment.
One of the main benefits of electronic medical records (EMR) is the direct communication of patients with their doctors. For instance, a year ago, a mother found her two years old daughter was suffering from congenital heart disease and was also diagnosed with epilepsy. The mother could easily consult with the doctors through the patient portal since it allowed her to easily look at appointments and refill her daughter’s medication online. However, if there would be no easy access to the medical records of her daughter, then the mother could have left with a stressful and complicated journey to gather the information.
How Does Electronic Medical Record Drive Patients’ Satisfaction?
- Electronic Medical Records reduce waiting time for office appointments. It helps patients and their caregivers to easily schedule an appointment through integrated scheduling systems including patient portals.
- It decreases unwanted tests and immunizations that can thrust budgetary stress on patients.
- It provides the best gateway to improve communication between doctors and patients. It also reduces turn-around time responding to the patient’s inquiries regarding clinical or medical billing issues.
- Patients can easily access clinical protocols and guidelines. Doctors can provide the best and most current advice to patients.
- Encourage your patients to manage and take ownership of their health by using clinical summaries and educational resources.
- It allows patients to immediately access their health information. It also gives patients peace of mind that the information is authentic and it is provided by the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Doctors can better manage patients’ prescriptions through e-Prescribing and reduce the wait time for patients
Although, many electronic medical records solutions are available now than ever before. However, according to a recent study, it has been revealed that patients and caregivers still face challenges while accessing the information they need. As some of the electronic medical records have patient portals that only provide a snapshot of their health information. Sometimes individuals who require detailed information for their care often have to request their medical records through their provider’s office or hospital. Therefore, providers must use such EMR software solutions that are less confusing for patients while they request or navigate any information electronically.
However, if healthcare organizations implement the right solutions for EMR then they can provide better health care to patients. In this way, they can also improve health care quality, ensure convenience for patients, and increase patient satisfaction.It can facilitate to meet the shared needs of health systems and patients in the following ways;
- Patient-centered request process for patients and health systems:
- Help patients with easy access to information:
- Final Verdict:
According to a recent analysis of 5 large health systems across the country, it has been found that both patients and health systems have shared needs. They both demand an interactive platform that can improve their collaboration. An EMR must be capable to get the real-time information of medical records of the patients. Improving communication and collaboration for both patients and the health system is a win-win situation for both of them
When patients can easily access their health information then they can better coordinate with their caregivers. It will provide them greater control over their health and well being. Innovations, like application program interfaces (APIs) and mobile apps, hold promise that in the near future people will be able to seamlessly and securely access, use and share health information.
It is the primary responsibility of the health system to help their patients access medical records. Electronic medical records are innovative solutions that lead to better communication and collaboration between patients and providers. Patients can easily book an appointment with the doctors, they can access medical information and get prescriptions. It is a more streamlined and transparent solution to meet the mutual goals of patients and health systems.
Medical Billing Benefits is an insightful healthcare newswire that provides the latest updates about actionable strategies that can help practitioners to elevate their medical business. Subscribe our news feed to get information about ongoing trends in the healthcare industry.